NATPE / Los Angeles
You will be responsible for closing new business and maintain and grow an existing client base, constantly delivering new revenue opportunities and achieving revenue targets. You are excited about reaching new audiences to boost sponsorship sales for our events and across the entire brand. You think big and are a self-sufficient/self-starter sales executive who will deliver proactive account management and direct the overall retention strategy of our exhibitors / sponsors as well as a determined individual in expanding our sales in new sectors of the content industry. Your work ethics are flawless and dedicated to the upmost effectiveness in delivering sustainable revenues in exhibition, advertising and sponsorship sales. Practical execution wizard with a passion for delivering top-notch communication and service to ensure above and beyond client satisfaction. Foremost you are an expert in event sales, activations and a proven lead-generator in the Media and Entertaiment sector with a flair for leveraging new trends in peripheral industries such as brands, agencies, financial and tech. This is a unique opportunity to leverage change in the industry and turning it into a phenomenal opportunity for personal growth.
NATPE is the most recognized US based content association with over 5,000 members across all sectors of the content industry. Our mission is to be the indispensable resource in the evolution of content by providing excellence in connectivity, business insight and opportunity. We are seeking a Director of Sales, Events and Sponsorships to join our organization. This highly visible, commissionable role will report to the SVP Business Development and Events.
The successful candidate should have a working knowledge of the event industry as it relates to media/entertainment industry, relationships with agencies and brands in the creative landscape, and a strong record track record of partnership/B2B sales in the conference and event space.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the achievement of revenue objectives
- Manage its own client roster and grow a personal pipeline
- Develop, grow and maintain sales pipeline in CRM Salesforce
- Identify new leads and sponsorships opportunities by calling on senior level decision makers from across all sectors of the content industry to successfully grow NATPE revenue and brand awareness
- Direct flawless sales administration and completion of deliverables from start to finish in liaison with the SVP, Operations, Sales administration team and Marketing team.
- Work with senior management on contract language and terms
- Perform research on sales opportunities and keep abreast of industry news, new events/programs and/or partnerships for the brand
- Develop and present customized sponsorship proposals/presentations to senior level executives
- Work internally with the NATPE content and marketing teams to accelerate deals completion and safeguard brand editorial guidelines
- Produce regular activity updates for review with senior management
- Capacity to travel approximately 25% of time
- Minimum number of in person meetings per week
Director, Sales Events and Sponsorships
- A minimum 5 years of sales experience, ideally B to B
- Ability to proactively pitch and manage a pipeline of opportunities at various points in the sales cycle
- Ability to think strategically, develop and implement sales strategies that produce results
- Excellent presentation and relationship-building skills to effectively work both externally and internally
- Demonstrated track record of exceeding established revenue goals on a consistent basis
- Passionate, creative and curious, and the ability to thrive in a fast-growing start-up environment
- Strong negotiation skills and contract/deal structuring experience
- Knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and other common business software applications
Relocation not available
Full Benefits package including 401K