NATPE 2019 CONFERENCE INTERN APPLICANT SUBMISSIONS
College students wishing to apply for an internship at the 2019 NATPE Market & Conference may submit their application materials online.
Submission deadline: November 5, 2018.
Each year, college student interns assist with information distribution, registration, seminar seating, publications and other assignments that help the event go smoothly. The conference is not open to the public thus the student interns receive a unique, behind-the-scenes view of the television industry.
Companies and individuals involved in buying, selling, developing, financing, advertising, marketing or licensing content, implementing technology, exploiting rights, or leveraging media assets, attend the annual NATPE Market & Conference each January.
- Interns put in long hours, including walking and standing for extended periods, but each student has an all-access pass to the conference.
- For 2019, interns would be needed in Miami from Saturday, January 19th until Thursday evening, January 24th.
- The conference is held at the Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach.
For more information about NATPE or the conference, visit: http://www.natpe.com
Who is eligible?
You should be 21 years old and a currently enrolled, full-time college or university student. December graduates may apply. Students younger than 21 may apply but must furnish a signed parental waiver if invited to participate. All majors are eligible to apply; students with a major in a media-related field are the ideal candidates for this experience.
Two groups of interns are selected: students from outside the Greater Miami area and students from colleges or universities in the Greater Miami-Dade-Fort Lauderdale areas.
If selected you must:
- Arrange transportation to and from the Fontainebleau Miami Beach.
- Be available to work from Saturday evening, January 19th until Thursday evening, January 24th.
- Dress appropriately; attire for the event is smart casual… Khaki or other slacks.
What does NATPE provide?
NATPE provides meals, conference registration materials, access to the conference, and onsite housing oran offsite transportation allowance for interns from the conference area.
How do I apply?
Upload a cover letter, resume, a recent photo, and a letter of recommendation.
Your letter and resume should tell us:
- Why you should be selected as a NATPE intern and what you have to contribute as an intern
- What activities you have been involved in at school
- Any special skills you possess (production, typing, foreign language, computers, etc.)
- What type of career you hope to enter after graduation
- Conflicts that might restrict the hours you are available for intern duties
- A photograph to help NATPE staffers get to know your face prior to the conference
Supply the requested information and then upload your application materials, below:
NATPE Miami 2019 Conference Intern Application