A third round of panels have been announced for VS Next. Just 15 days ahead of the show, organizers have already announced 14 key panels & sessions produced along with the event partners and highlighting key themes such as drama, eSports and female talent in the industry.
Los Angeles, CA – April 27, 2021- LA Virtual Screenings (May 11-20) is getting closer with 900 buyers from 80 countries confirmed to attend. 60 exhibiting companies have reserved their virtual booths to exhibit 300+ brand new hours of programming, and more than a dozen conference panels have been announced.
This week, organizers Prensario International and NATPE confirmed five new sessions for VS Next, which are being added to the program. The last four panels & sessions will be announced on May 4, bringing to the total number of sessions to 18 for the event. Registration is open now for global players at www.virtualscreenings.com
New Sessions Confirmed:
- “European Drama Gains Global Momentum” – May 13: Drama has been a top genre in the Global market, but European has taken the lead outside the US. For this continent specifically, more newcomers are taking the scene, following Spain, Germany and Nordics, among others. In this panel, co-organized with Conecta FICTION some of Europe’s leading producers are gathered to discuss new emerging business models, co-production and the impact of the EU plan for the economic recovery on the industry. Maria Valenzuela, SVP International Strategy and Business Development, Buendía Estudios (Spain), Cristina Vaz Tome, Member of the Executive Committee, CRO, Grupo Impresa/SIC (Portugal), Robert Franke, VP Drama, ZDF Enterprises (Germany), Nicola de Angelis, Head of development and international co-productions, Fabula Pictures/Federation Entertainment (Italy) and Nadia Rekhter-Gareva, Development Producer and Head of International Department, Star Media (Russia) are being moderated by Geraldine Gonard, Conecta FICTION’s founder and director.
- “The Global Esports and Game-Related Live-Streaming Ecosystem” – May 13: From market and audience sizing to key developments, this Newzoo session is a deep-dive into the esports and game-related live-streaming market, offering a realistic estimate of the ecosystem’s current and future performance. Isadora dos Santos, Junior Market Analyst of the eSports-specialized consultancy company will describe the impact of major trends that have further accelerated the interest in esports, streaming, and gaming as a whole.
- “US Hispanic: The Promised Land” – May 18: Hispanics spend 113 hours a week using their devices. Consider that they are responsible for more than half of the growth of the US population, it can be assured that they are responsible for 40% of video consumption in the country. Audiences will take a look at this amazing market through some of their key players: Jorge Balleste, VP of Content Partnerships and Acquisitions, Univision, Guillermo Sierra, Head of Television and Digital Services, HITN, and Doris Vogelmann, VP of Programming and Operations, Vme Media. The moderator will be Richard Middleton, editor, TBI.
- “WAWA: Female Talent for Export” – May 19: Female talent behind some of the most successful international IP. This topic will be covered through an interview produced by Worldwide Audiovisual Women Association (WAWA) with Camilla Hammerich, Executive Producer, Nordisk Film Production, and creator of Scandi blockbusters The Killing and Borgen.
- “Globo Presents: “Once We Were Six” – Exclusive Launch Showcase” – May 11. The second showcase at LAVS will featureGlobo (Brazil) who is launching its brand new telenovela, Once We Were Six, adapted from a hit novel in Brazilian that has been conquering audiences for decades and will be presented for the first time to the international market. One We Were Six is family drama about resilience – a story of a matriarch who struggles to maintain unity and harmony in her family despite life obstacles. The presentation is in charge Marina Melo, Sales Manager, Globo, and Angela Chavez, Author.
About Prensario International
With almost 50 years in business, Prensario International is a leading trade publication for the global content market. Traditionally focused on the music industry, it quickly transformed into an entertainment media powerhouse covering the different business segments: first, the booming Pay TV in the ’80, then the programming and content business at the beginning of the ’90 with the big expansion of Latin telenovela all across the world, and now as a referent of the digital and 360-degree businesses in all genres and territories.
NATPE is a global content association and professional membership organization dedicated to shaping the future of content through global marketplaces and conferences, screenings, awards, and networking events; all specially curated for the content industry. Representing every facet of the content business, NATPE’s rich history, spanning nearly six decades, cements its roots as the largest U.S.-based global content association. NATPE is committed to representing the needs of our evolving members and constituents across all platforms and to bringing them together to shape the future of the business of content. It organizes three trade shows: NATPE Miami, the #1 global content show in the Americas; NATPE Streaming Plus, NATPE Virtual sessions including the Business of Black TV, News and Sports, LA Screenings Independents, with focus in Latin America and US Hispanic; and NATPE Budapest, the ultimate destination for companies targeting CEE and CIS.
The Lippin Group (LA)