The last round of conference sessions, co-produced with LAVS partners, highlight major topics such as entertainment formats, content distribution and edutainment
Significant regions such as Latin America and Asia Pacific are also represented
Los Angeles, CA – May 4, 2021- VS Next, the conference portion of LA Virtual Screenings (May 11-20), has completed its lineup with 18 curated panel & sessions. Two sessions per day will be presented from May 11 to May 19 featuring some of the most important global decision makers discussing the hottest worldwide trends. The conference is sponsored exclusively by Roku and produced by Juan Pablo Morales, from Nuevos Medios Entertainment. The last set of panels, announced today by Prensario International and NATPE, will offer key speakers from APAC, Latin America and around the world a platform to talk about entertainment formats, distribution, animation & kids programming, as well as the top global trends. With one week left before the show, LAVS has surpassed the 1000-participants barrier with 850+ buyers from 70+ countries already registered.
New Sessions Confirmed:
- “APAC: Ahead in the Global Content Business” – May 14: Asia Pacific has become one of the most dynamic regions in the global audiovisual business. Key executives from Japan, Korea and The Philippines talk about the moment the market is in right now and explain how Asian talent are more and more involved in key international projects. Speakers Hirosuke Usui, Senior Expert, Media Business Dept., Media Strategy & Planning Office, Tokyo Broadcasting System Television Inc. (Japan), Cirilo Ruel Bayani, Head of International Production of ABS-CBN Corporation (The Philippines) and Jin Woo Hwang, President / Executive Producer, Something Special (Korea) will share insights. The session will be moderated by Fabricio Ferrara, International Business Director, Prensario International.
- “Latin America: Relevance & Recognition of a Drama Gem” – May 17: Drama distribution has evolved into a more challenging business worldwide, with newcomers bringing top productions to market. Latin America remains a key provider and is showing its evolution. The Covid-19 impact and beyond, co-productions and business diversification are the hot topics described and discussed by María Lucia Hernández, head of sales, RCN (Colombia), Mario Castro, sales director Asia and Africa, Televisa International (Mexico), Angela Colla, head of sales, Globo (Brazil). The moderator is Nicolás Smirnoff, Managing Director, Prensario International.
- “Content for Children, Present and Future” – May 18: A dialogue on the structural change in the distribution and diffusion of children’s content. This sesión will investigate the new waters where the players of the segment navigate in Latin America, Europe and the rest of the world. The panel, coproduced with Paul Vaca, Executive Director at Ci Edutainment, features Yago Fandiño, Head of Children’s Content at Clan, RTVE (Spain), Genaro Diaz, Coordinator of Planning, Image and Advertising, Televisa (Mexico), and Cielo Salviolo, Director, PakaPaka (Argentina)
- “The Future of TV – Global Content Distribution Trends” – May 19: Using the latest data, Jack Davison, EVP, 3Vision takes a fast-paced look at the significant developments to the distribution ecosystem and TV industry trends including, Studio D2C, Broadcaster Digital Evolution and SVOD growth.
- “Globo Presents: “Once We Were Six” – Exclusive Launch Showcase” – May 11. The second showcase at LAVS will featureGlobo (Brazil) who is launching its brand new telenovela, Once We Were Six, adapted from a hit novel in Brazilian that has been conquering audiences for decades and will be presented for the first time to the international market. One We Were Six is family drama about resilience – a story of a matriarch who struggles to maintain unity and harmony in her family despite life obstacles. The presentation is in charge Marina Melo, Sales Manager, Globo, and Angela Chavez, Author.
About Prensario International
With almost 50 years in business, Prensario International is a leading trade publication for the global content market. Traditionally focused on the music industry, it quickly transformed into an entertainment media powerhouse covering the different business segments: first, the booming Pay TV in the ’80, then the programming and content business at the beginning of the ’90 with the big expansion of Latin telenovela all across the world, and now as a referent of the digital and 360-degree businesses in all genres and territories.
NATPE is a global content association and professional membership organization dedicated to shaping the future of content through global marketplaces and conferences, screenings, awards, and networking events; all specially curated for the content industry. Representing every facet of the content business, NATPE’s rich history, spanning nearly six decades, cements its roots as the largest U.S.-based global content association. NATPE is committed to representing the needs of our evolving members and constituents across all platforms and to bringing them together to shape the future of the business of content. It organizes three trade shows: NATPE Miami, the #1 global content show in the Americas; NATPE Streaming Plus, NATPE Virtual sessions including the Business of Black TV, News and Sports, LA Screenings Independents, with focus in Latin America and US Hispanic; and NATPE Budapest, the ultimate destination for companies targeting CEE and CIS.
The Lippin Group (LA)