New Event to Tackle the Landscape Live Sports Production, the Rise of Sports Gambling, eSports, the Importance of Sports to Local Broadcasters and More
The premiere global business association for content producers, distributors, streamers, and buyers across all platforms, National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) today announced that Sean McManus, Chairman, CBS Sports, will deliver the opening keynote at NATPE Virtual: The Business of Live Sports. The new event will be free, fast-paced, and take place over a lightning quick three hours on March 23rd.
To register, go to https://www.natpe.com/sports/attend/
Topics slated to be covered include the promotion of live sports, the distribution of live sports to streaming fans, the changing playing field of sport sponsorship, the power of pay per view, as well as the rise of sports gambling, international fandom, local broadcasters, and sports, and more.
Additional executives taking the stage, with more to be announced at the virtual event include:
- Wyatt Hicks, the Managing Director of Digital Media at NASCAR and Miheer Walavalkar, the CEO of LiveLike discussing ways of engaging fans around live sports in 2021.
- Jennifer Storms, Chief Marketing Officer, Entertainment and Sports at NBCUniversal speaking on her promoting live sports viewership.
- Ray Warren, President, Telemundo Deportes, who will join a panel of other programmers and streaming service providers, who discuss the benefits of distributing live sports to streaming fans everywhere.
- Julian Mintz, Head of West & Central Brand Sales at Roku, and John Stainer, Managing Director, North America, Nielsen Sports in separate conversations will discuss trends in where the money is flowing in live sports.
- Gavin Bridge, Senior Media Analyst at Variety presenting a case study about Variety Sports’ New TV Formula.
NATPE’s President and CEO JP Bommel, comments, “The importance of Live Sports as a key element to Broadcast and advertising revenues worldwide makes this new NATPE Virtual event focused on the Business of Live Sports extremely timely and relevant. It is spot on our mission to deliver business intelligence, connectivity and opportunity through a series of high-level of keynote speakers and topics.”
The Business of Live Sports is the next of a string of events being produced through NATPE VIRTUAL, which powered NATPE Miami. The next event in the calendar is NATPE News, which will take place on April 20th.
For more information and tickets visit www.NATPE.com for more information on this prestigious event.
NATPE is the largest U.S-based global content association and professional membership organization dedicated to shaping the future of content through global marketplaces and conferences, screenings, awards, and networking events, including NATPE Miami Marketplace + Conference, L.A. Screenings Independents, NATPE Budapest International and NATPE Streaming Plus. Having launched NATPE Virtual, the global, year-round platform, the organization is fulfilling its mission to be one-stop shop for content. NATPE V-Fronts™ is a stand-alone, custom-curated opportunity for all distributors and producers globally to provide screenings and showcases anywhere and at any time. Representing every facet of the content business, NATPE, with a history of over five decades, is committed to representing the needs of its evolving members and constituents across all platforms and to bringing them together to be the indispensable resource in the evolution of content as the conduit to connectivity, business insights and opportunity.
For more information, please visit www.natpe.com.
The Lippin Group (LA)