Honoring Transformative Achievements in Broadcast Television, The Iconic IRIS AWARDS Luncheon to Headline Station Group Summit as part of NATPE Miami 2022 — Live from the Fontainebleau in Miami on January 19th, 2022
LOS ANGELES, December 1, 2021 – National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE), the premier global business association for content producers, distributors, streamers, and buyers across all platforms, today announced the recipients for the 2022 Iris Awards.
The ceremony will take place as part of NATPE Miami, live and in-person on Wednesday, January 19th, 2022. Hosted by Soledad O’Brien (journalist and CEO of Soledad O’Brien Productions), the luncheon event will cap off a full slate of programming dedicated to the most pressing topics concerning the station group community.
This year’s Iris Award honorees are:
- Lew Klein Award for Leadership: Valari Dobson Staab, President, NBCUniversal Local
- NATPE Chairman Award for Lifetime Achievement: Emerson Coleman, Senior Vice President, Programming, Hearst Television
- Award for Excellence, Global Content and Branding: Wolf Entertainment (the iconic creators of the Law & Order, Chicago, and FBI brands)
- NATPE Enterprise Award: Alex Paen, Founder & President, Telco Productions, Inc.
- Award for Excellence, Television Presenter: Tamron Hall, host and executive producer of The Tamron Hall Show
- Award for Excellence, Television Program, Special or Series: Inside Edition, (the #1 syndicated newsmagazine, produced and distributed by CBS Media Ventures)
NATPE’s Iris Awards were created to recognize best-in-class executives, program producers, creators, talent, and content that makes a significant impact on the industry and our culture. In 2021 the organization once again honors a very select group who demonstrate excellence in the world of the broadcasting industry. The awards luncheon will take place as part of NATPE’s Station Group Summit, a yearly fixture that takes place within the overall NATPE Miami event. Session programming for the Station Group Summit, including keynotes from leaders in the industry, will be released in the coming month.
Also in attendance to present, or accept the awards are:
- George Cheeks (CEO & President of CBS Entertainment Group)
- Mario Lopez (actor and host of Access Hollywood and Access Daily)
- Deborah Norville (anchor of Inside Edition)
- Elliot Wolf (EVP digital for Wolf Entertainment)
- Zeeko Zaki (star of Wolf Entertainment/Universal Television’s CBS series FBI)
Remarked JP Bommel, President and CEO, NATPE: “The Station Group community is an essential part of NATPE and as we continue to have important conversations about the shifts happening in the local content industry, it is essential that we spotlight the leaders of broadcast and syndicated television. The extraordinary talent and influential content and companies recognized at the IRIS Awards this year are indicative of the vibrant event we expect from the Station Group Summit overall.”
From January 18-20, 2022, the Fontainebleau Resort in Miami will be home for the in-person return of the leading one-stop shop for commerce around global content. More details on the executives speaking and the full programming agenda for 2022 NATPE Miami Conference and Marketplace, will be made available at www.natpe.com/miami/agenda.
National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) is a global content association and professional membership organization dedicated to shaping the future of content through global marketplaces and conferences, screenings, awards, and networking events; all specially curated for the content industry. Representing every facet of the content business, NATPE’s rich history, spanning over five decades, cements its roots as the largest U.S.-based global content association. NATPE is committed to representing the needs of our evolving members and constituents across all platforms and to bringing them together to shape the future of the business of content. It organizes three trade shows: NATPE Miami, the #1 global content show in the Americas; LA Screenings Independents, with focus in Latin America and US Hispanic; and NATPE Budapest, the ultimate destination for companies targeting CEE and CIS.
For more information, please visit www.natpe.com.
The Lippin Group (LA)