NATPE-Safe Protocols to be in Effect, Including Proof of Vaccination and Temperature Checks Throughout the Event
LOS ANGELES, December 23, 2021 – The National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE), the premier global business association for content producers, distributors, streamers and buyers across all platforms, has updated its health and safety protocols. NATPE Safe, which now includes on-site testing in addition to the already required proof of vaccination, will be in effect during NATPE Miami 2022. From January 18-20, the Fontainebleau Resort in Miami will be home for the in-person return of the leading one-stop shop for commerce around global content.
With the health and safety of exhibitors, buyers, sponsors, honorees, partners and all attendees as top priority, NATPE will be following the highest standards and COVID-related protocols. Continually refined with guidance from the CDC, WHO and local authorities, and in effect for the entirety of the event, this will include, among other things: mandatory proof of vaccination for all attendees, outdoor tents for sessions and meetings, and designated NATPE Safe zones fully controlled by the event production team.
In regards to testing, NATPE will make two options available to conference and marketplace attendees:
Optional Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Testing:
In accordance with NATPE’s commitment to create the highest possible standards of health and well-being for its honorees and guests, NATPE will now offer optional Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Testing for all attendees on the main dates of the event.
Guests that take advantage of the daily testing will receive identification (i.e. wrist badge) of their negative COVID test. Individual Exhibitors and Sponsors may choose to require testing in order to meet with their staff. Please check with Organizations you plan to take appointments with to confirm their testing policies.
Testing will be available on a limited basis. To take advantage of this service, you must first make an appointment and sign a waiver. More information on how to make an appointment will be available in the near future.
Departure Rapid PCR COVID-19 Testing:
NATPE will provide a PCR COVID-19 Test for international attendees that require a negative PCR COVID test 72 hours or less before entering back into an individual’s country of origin. This testing is being offered to simplify and expedite the process of getting tested in advance of a return trip home from NATPE Miami. A fee of $150,00 is required per test.
Please note: To ensure that everybody who must have a PCR test is able to get one, we ask that delegates only use this service if they require a PCR test to travel internationally.
Important: NATPE Safe Protocols to be Active During the Event
NATPE Safe Protocols are to ensure everyone’s safety within areas that require a NATPE badge. Non-NATPE areas, including elevators and common areas, are subject to local regulations, while the exhibition suites are subject to the suite holder and local regulations. NATPE Safe protocols include:
- Proof of vaccination will be required to receive a badge and attend NATPE Miami.
- NATPE has created a daily health survey which will be filled out by attendees on everyone’s mobile phones.
- Complimentary face masks will be available on-site.
- NATPE Safe Stations will be set up throughout the event, which includes: touch-free sanitizer, disposable masks and other safety items.
- Temperature checks will be taken before entering certain parts of the NATPE event (i.e. the mainstage conference session or the exhibition floor).
- The NATPE Networking Tent will provide an outdoor option for networking. Some conference sessions will also take place outside at the tent.
- Masks will be mandatory for all NATPE staff, service providers and vendors, and masks are highly recommended for all attendees.
- NATPE will increase the disinfection of the meeting areas.
- Cleaning will be reinforced in all exhibition spaces.
- High-contact areas will be frequently disinfected.
- NATPE has created privatized areas for badge holders only to meet throughout the hotel property.
For more information on NATPE Safe protocols please visit www.natpe.com/miami/natpesafe.
National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) is a global content association and professional membership organization dedicated to shaping the future of content through global marketplaces and conferences, screenings, awards, and networking events; all specially curated for the content industry. Representing every facet of the content business, NATPE’s rich history, spanning over five decades, cements its roots as the largest U.S.-based global content association. NATPE is committed to representing the needs of our evolving members and constituents across all platforms and to bringing them together to shape the future of the business of content. It organizes three trade shows: NATPE Miami, the #1 global content show in the Americas; LA Screenings Independents, with focus in Latin America and US Hispanic; and NATPE Budapest, the ultimate destination for companies targeting CEE and CIS.
For more information, please visit www.natpe.com.
The Lippin Group (LA)