NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. 1. DESCRIPTION: The “NATPE Survey Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on or about Tuesday, January 19, 2016 and ends on Sunday, February 7, 2016 at 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time (“PT”) (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is National Association of Television Program Executives (“NATPE” or “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are/were in attendance at 2016 NATPE Miami, held January 19-21, 2016 ( the “Entrant”) and who are the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address identified in the Entrant’s completed survey. 2016 NATPE Miami shall be referred to as the “Event”. Employees, owners, shareholders, officers and directors of Sponsor and survey administrator (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their respective agents, representatives, promotion and advertising agencies are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner in the Sweepstakes, the potential winner will be deemed the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person in whose name the e-mail account was opened. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of a potential winner cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries will not be acknowledged except as provided herein. Sweepstakes prize is non-transferable and cannot be substituted, sold or bartered prior to such prize being fulfilled to the winner. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible Entrants will be offered the opportunity to complete a brief session or post-Event survey. Such Entrants may participate by clicking the survey link featured in the email or app to be directed to the survey homepage (the “Homepage”). Entrant must follow the on-screen instructions to complete the online survey. Upon completion of the survey, the Entrant must provide his/her full name and email address to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm PT on Sunday, February 7, 2016.
Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Official Rules generally. Sponsor has the right to change the Sweepstakes Period, and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Sweepstakes, at any time and in its sole discretion and notice will be posted on the Homepage.
4. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, the potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Each potential winner will be notified on or about Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at the email address associated with the entry. Potential winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within five (5) days of attempted notification. The failure to respond within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of the prize. Each potential winner will be required to verify address, sign, and return within five (5) days the “Prize Acceptance Form”. Failure to return the Prize Acceptance Form within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, such prize may not be re-awarded, in Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion.
6. PRIZE: There are three (3) prizes available. Each prize consists of: one (1) full length copy of the NATPE VR study. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $2,000.
No prize substitution or cash alternative is allowed except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the study becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a study of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Prize winner cannot assign or transfer the prize claim to another person. The ARV of any prize is subject to price fluctuations in the marketplace based on, among other things, NATPE membership and any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Any difference between the ARV stated herein and the ARV of the prize awarded shall not be provided to the winner. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. All federal, state and local taxes, if applicable, and any other costs and expenses, associated with the receipt or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Other restrictions may apply.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may designate the 3rd party administrator to handle winner selection, notification and fulfillment tasks on Sponsor’s behalf. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final in all respects. Each Entrant (including each potential winner and the winner) hereby releases the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injuries, death, losses or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of a prize. Sweepstakes Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) at any time for any reason or should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention, extenuating circumstance or other problem/cause corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, will select the winner from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sweepstakes Entities.
8. GOVERNING LAW: Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes, including without limitation, any alleged violation of these Official Rules, any controversy relating to the arbitrability of any dispute, or any claim that the Sweepstakes, or any part thereof, is invalid, illegal or otherwise voidable (or void), shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration to be held solely in Los Angeles, California under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association and pursuant to its Commercial Dispute Resolution Rules and Procedures. Judgment upon the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This arbitration provision shall be deemed to be self-executing, and in the event that either party fails to appear at any properly noticed arbitration proceeding, an award may be entered against such party notwithstanding said failure to appear. In no event shall an Entrant seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of this Sweepstakes.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of this Sweepstakes, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sweepstakes Entities, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
10. WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a list of winners or a copy of the Official Rules, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include NATPE Survey Sweepstakes Winner/Rules in the subject line. All requests must be received by February 29, 2016.