Director, New Business Development and Sponsorships
NATPE, the largest year-round global membership organization connecting content buyers, content producers and distributors across all platforms is searching for an accomplished sale director to develop new business and boost sponsorship sales and activations across digital content ecosystem, technology and brand/advertising agencies for the “must-attend” NATPE Miami tent-pole marketplace and conference, NAPTE Budapest, as well as all local Next Gen events. NATPE, a 55 years non-profit Association, is located in Los Angeles CA. The candidate must be a deal closer and have a true passion for the next generation of content. This position reports to the VP of Sales
•Target and develop new business accounts in the digital space across all platforms: NATPE digital assets (website, newsletter, membership program) exhibition and sponsorships. Assume and maintain current account base of digital and traditional clients with a focus on increasing spend and participation in all categories of sales assets
•Work with VP of Sales to expand sales strategies on development of new NATPE initiatives and events: revised product/inventory and packaging to drive and increase revenue for all initiatives
•Generate new business lead development pipeline – identify, grow and manage sales lead pipeline to increase revenue and attain targets
•Initiate, populate and produce campaigns and reports using salesforce.com
• Prospect, develop and convert exisiting sales and prospects into incremental revenues
• Develop and maintain client base pipeline in CRM Salesforce
• Work directly with Programming on strategy for current client base participation and new business initiatives – programming tie-ins, tracks, activations and sponsorships.
•Work with Operations to maximize and facilitate all available exhibition space for NATPE markets and development of new branding/activation opportunities to generate new revenue.
•Strong communication and written skill set required for client presentations and proposals as well as working with internal NATPE team on initiatives.
•Attend industry markets, conferences and sales presentations to meet and prospect new business opportunities and connections. Will be required to organize strategic sales trips and local weekly meetings to monetize digital organizations and brands to participate in and support new NATPE initiatives throughout the year.
•All sales reporting, daily updates, pacing and projections will be managed and executed in Salesforce.
• 5 to 7 years working experience in related position
• Excellent writing & verbal communication skills
• Assess and problem solve easily and efficiently
• Excellent knowledge of Salesforce in creating opportunities and generating reports
• Knowledge of Conference & Special Event Planning
•5 references minimum and sales achievements history