Marketing Executive (Title TBA)
In changing world and changing industry our member-driven organization, and the home of tent poles entertainment marketplaces, A 55-year-old non-profit television content organization that organizes markets, conferences, and networking events that Next Gen executives. the mission of the organization is to develop events and membership activities that attract executives from every sector of the dynamic content business – across every platform - NATPE’s Miami event in January is the “must-attend market of the Americas,” and NATPE Europe serves the central and eastern European countries in late June.
The senior marketing executive is a senior member of the Company’s executive team. Responsibilities include creating and managing the Company’s marketing initiatives, hiring and supervising the marketing staff, developing brand strategies, improving data management capabilities, supervising in and out-bound global marketing activities to build attendance and buyer participation, contributing to market pricing strategy, supervising all electronic and web-based marketing initiatives, developing narratives that become the underpinnings of the brand, coordinating PR and press activities, and creating promotional campaigns for NATPE’s market and conference events which create incremental value for the content community. A core objective is to grow relevance to all sectors of the business, improve attendance at all events, and to create positive attendee experiences, which is at the heart of NATPE’s brand. Along with the President and CEO of NATPE, this position will be the lead creative manager for NATPE’s marketing, branding and membership initiatives. NATPE is a non-profit service for the content industry, which includes the NATPE Educational Foundation.
Previous event marketing experience is a major advantage. Must have track record of being team oriented by working well with upper management, subordinates, and colleagues. Position requires cross-functional management duties, and being a part of a positive culture.
Develops a compelling marketing and communication strategy that activates NATPE’s brand, by creating a new sense of urgency and relevance at a time when many new markets, conferences, and events compete for our base. Objective is to attract new buyers and sellers with fresh narratives that relate to changing dynamics of the business
• Oversees the marketing team and liaises with vendors
•Activates a sense of creative drive and leadership, by analyzing, researching, and then leading domestic and international creative efforts that help sustain and grow NATPE’s business
•Strategic planning includes corporate brand positioning, supervising the creation of market and competitive analysis, customer segmentation selection, market penetration plans, and related product positioning
Plans, develops, and establishes policies and objectives of marketing in accordance with overall objectives of organization
• Selects, develops, and hires staff that respects diversity, and is dedicated to employee development
• Create social networking and data-driven strategy by inspiring and leading the team tasked with executing the vision.
• Evaluate and select editorial, design, research, digital and video production vendors and consultants for all promotional and communication projects.
• Oversee our membership initiatives and membership drives
•Responsibilities include managing the organic growth of the website to meet branding and functional needs including myNATPE, and all Internet and electronic marketing initiatives.
•Oversees marketing communications including branding, public relations, advertising, whitepapers, trade shows, seminars and events collateral materials, analysis and market research management and website design and content either directly or on an outsourced basis, and is the liaison with the Lippin Group (public relations).
• Manage ongoing strategic partnerships with global industry trade publications and associations.
•Define and direct marketing programs by collaboration with VP of Sales for lead generation; foster and support the sales effort through development of customized presentations that become tools for sales development and sponsorship objectives.
• Oversees product marketing including product launch management, sales training, presentations, sales tools, competitive analysis and general sales support.
• Negotiate contracts, manage costs and support revenue generation for specialty print publications including Market Guides, Market Dailies and Pocket Maps.
• Supervise marketing support for NATPE’s educational foundation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5 to 7 years working experience in related position
• Bachelor of Arts or Sciences (Communications or Business)
• Must be digitally fluent, and be literate about fresh ideas that create data driven marketing
• Excellent writing & verbal communication skills
• Assess and problem solve easily and efficiently
• Excellent knowledge of Salesforce in creating opportunities and generating reports
• Knowledge of Conference & Special Event Planning