Lionsgate Television Group President Sandra Stern Added to “Old Guard vs. New Guard” Streaming Panel
Highly Anticipated New Open Development Session and Unscripted Breakfast Session Among Additional Elements Slated for Yearly Confab
LOS ANGELES, January 4, 2018 – The host of the 4th Annual Unscripted Breakthrough Awards at this year’s NATPE MIAMI Marketplace and Conference will be Dan Abrams, chief legal analyst for ABC News and host of Big Fish Entertainment’s hit series Live PD on A&E. The announcement was made by the organization’s President and CEO, JP Bommel. Additional programming for the conference, which will take place from January 16-18, 2018 at the Fontainebleau and Eden Roc Miami Beach Resorts, was also revealed including a headlining conversation between Lionsgate Television Group Chairman Kevin Beggs and Facebook Head of Market Development Matt Jacobson.
The NATPE Unscripted Breakthrough Awards are designed to honor programs and celebrate people that broke through the clutter in the preceding year, as well as becoming part of the cultural conversation and generally altering the expectations of what constitutes a reality program. Hosted by Dan Abrams (A&E’s Live PD), the winners will be announced at a special luncheon ceremony on Tuesday, January 16th during the NATPE MIAMI conference. Tickets and pricing can be found here.
Leading the programming highlights made public today will be a conversation between Lionsgate’s Kevin Beggs and Facebook’s Matt Jacobson on How A Listening Culture CanHelp Businesses Drive Results and Recruit Talent.
Another brand-new concept for NATPE Miami will be the Open Development Session, co-curated by Dan Goodman of Believe Entertainment Group. Three projects will be presented on stage by their creators with a short talk and screening followed by a live discussion by a team of experts representing all sides of the development process. The panel of experts to convene include Mina Lefevre, Head of Development, Facebook; Caitlin McGinty, SVP, Head of Programing and Development, The Story Lab, Dentsu Aegis; Jeff Grossman, SVP, Digital Content, CBS Interactive; and Ivana Kirkbride, Chief Content Officer, Verizon go90.
The new Unscripted Breakfast: Insights and Discussion will help close out NATPE MIAMI. The Thursday morning breakfast will be hosted by Lizza Morales, CEO of Xoxo, Lizza Inc. and will open with a Keynote conversation between Jennifer O’Connell, EVP, Alternative Programming, Lionsgate and Hans Schiff from CAA. The powerhouse morning session will have two more panels – one on the partnership between talent and producers and the other on how unscripted industry leaders drive revenues and explore new models in our ever-shifting unscripted television landscape.
Among other new programming developments, which are now available for review through NATPE Miami’s Schedule At-A-Glance, Sandra Stern, President, Lionsgate Television Group, has joined the “Old Guard vs. New Guard” panel during the first ever NATPE Streaming Summit. The panel, moderated by Mark Greenberg, President, MSGCI, also welcomes Jordan Levin, CEO, Awesomeness; Herb Scannell, CEO, Mitu; and Jay Levine, EVP, Warner Bros. Digital Networks.
The three-day NATPE MIAMI Marketplace & Conference Agenda-At-A-Glance and more information on NATPE, including registration for the event, can be found at www.natpe.com. Select panels from Ocean Tower Salon 1B/C will be livestreamed via Facebook Live. ‘Like’ the NATPE Facebook page to keep updated on livestream times.
Celebrating 55 years of service to the ever-evolving global television industry, NATPE inspires the growth and success of content development, creation, production, financing and distribution across all platforms through interdependent marketplaces where industry powers gather to offer insight and make deals. NATPE is the largest U.S. based global content association and a leader in developing international markets and conferences for the entire spectrum of the dynamic content business. For more information, please visit www.natpe.com.
Los Angeles/Budapest, 21 June - CEETV and NATPE are proud to announce the three finalists for the third edition of PITCH & PLAY LIVE! which will take place during the NATPE BUDAPEST INTERNATIONAL market and conference between 25-28 June 2018.
Earn More Press Release Credits by doing the following:
Attend Exhibitor Meeting in Miami
Sponsor an Event
Refer a Friend
Forgot your password?
Set Slide Timing
Uploaded To Library
One fine body…
One fine body…
NATPE TV Subscription Total $99.00
Get a year's worth of NATPE video sessions including rebroadcasts of upcoming streamed sessions and video from NATPE events.
Thank you for your purchase!
Find below a record of your purchase. A digital receipt has been emailed to the email address associated with your account as well. You may view a history of your NATPE Orders in the My Account main menu item.
Your Browser Is Not Compatible With NATPE's Admin Functionality
NATPE uses the most up to date web technologies and only supports Google Chrome or Google Chrome Frame for its admin functionality. In order to have the best possible experience, you should download Google Chrome or Google Chrome Frame.
Your Browser Is Not Compatible With NATPE
NATPE uses the most up to date web technologies and only supports those browsers/browser frames that are HTML5 compatible. In order to have the best possible experience, you should download one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox OR you should download Google Chrome Frame.
1. PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS . Exhibitor’s full and timely compliance with the payment schedule set forth is of the essence. NATPE will honor Exhibitor’s request for cancellation only if in writing and will refund monies paid by Exhibitor to NATPE at the time of NATPE ’s receipt of such cancellation request received on or before November 9, 2012. In the event of cancellation, NATPE will retain a $1,000 administration fee. No refund after November 9, 2012. If contract is received after November 9, 2012 and space is cancelled, there will be no refund.
2. ELIGIBILITY: ASSIGNMENT OF SPA CE. NATPE shall have the sole right to determine the eligibility of any Exhibitor, conference attendee, exhibition or material for inclusion at the Conference, in accordance with its rules and regulations. Exhibitor acknowledges that, while NATPE will attempt to comply with all exhibitor’s preferences, the location and dimensions of Exhibitor’s exhibit space shall be determined by NATPE in its sole good faith discretion, and such space shall be assigned on an “as available” basis.
3. DELIVERY/SET-UP/EXHIBITION/TEAR-DOWN . Hours and dates for access to the Fontainebleau Resort and for delivery, set-up, exhibition and tear-down shall be specified by NATPE . Exhibitor shall be liable for all storage and handling charges resulting from failure to remove exhibit material as and when required. NATPE will provide Exhibitor with a more open detailed schedule with respect to delivery, set-up, exhibition and tear-down prior to the start of the Conference.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Exhibitor hereby expressly releases NATPE and its consultants, agents, directors, employees, licensees and assigns from any claims for the loss, theft, or damage to Exhibitor’s property arising out of the Conference, including loss, theft or damage arising out of the negligence of NATPE or its consultants, agents, directors, employees, licensees and assigns. In no event shall NATPE or its consultants, agents, directors, employees, licensees or assigns be liable to Exhibitor for any consequential commercial damages arising out of any aspect of this Agreement or the Conference. Exhibitor acknowledges that NATPE , its consultants, agents, directors, employees, licensees and assigns, and the operators of the Fontainebleau Resort, (collectively, “Operator”), do not maintain insurance covering Exhibitor’s property and that it is the sole responsibility of Exhibitor to obtain business interruption and property damage insurance covering such losses by Exhibitor.
5. SECURITY. NATPE will retain a qualified protection agency to provide security services in the exhibition areas of the Fontainebleau Resort during the Conference. NATPE assumes no liability or other responsibility in connection with the provision of security services by such protection agency or any services furnished by Operator or any third party.
6. DEFAULT IN OCCUPANCY. Failure by Exhibitor to occupy its exhibition space shall not relieve Exhibitor of its obligations hereunder. If such space is not occupied by the time set for completion of installation of exhibits, such space may be occupied and/or used by NATPE for such purposes as it may deem advisable.
7. SUB-LEASING/SHARING . Exhibitor shall not sublet, assign or share its exhibit space or any portion thereof without the prior written approval of NATPE , which it may withhold in its sole discretion.
8. EXHIBITOR’S RESPONSIBILITY. Exhibitor assumes entire responsibility for and hereby agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and save NATPE and Operator and their respective consultants, agents, directors, employees, licensees and assigns harmless from and against all claims, losses and damages to perso