*Subject to change. Check back for updates.
12:00 pm EST
JP Bommel, CEO, NATPE
12:05 pm EST (20-minute fireside chat)
OPENING KEYNOTE INTERVIEW:
PRESENTING LIVE SPORTS IN 2021
This senior sports executive from a leading television network joins us for a one-on-one candid interview about the evolving business of sports television in this year ever-changing, “coming out of the pandemic” year.
12:30 pm EST (Two 15-minute case studies)
ATTRACTING TV VIEWERS TO LIVE SPORTS
No tickets? No fans in stands? No problem. Everyone is watching televised live sports, from anywhere…except the venue. Or are they? Here are two different perspectives on how sports marketers are attracting fans as viewers…one from the sports property’s perspective, and another from the network marketer’s point of view.
- Part One – Fan Engagement with NASCAR
- Part Two – Attracting TV Viewers To Sports’ Biggest Live Events
1:00 pm EST (30-minute panel)
DISTRIBUTING LIVE SPORTS TO TV FANS EVERYWHERE
Getting live sports to TV fans is the focus of this panel discussion among sports programmers, networks, and tv platforms. Topics include the latest deal points including the growing popularity of international sports, exclusive content, and more.
1:30 pm EST (Two 15-minute Fireside Chats)
CHANGING THE PLAYING FIELD OF SPONSORSHIP
“Show me the money” is more than a famous line from the Jerry Maguire movie, it is also the focus of a huge revenue stream for televised live sports. Hear two different viewpoints….one from a sponsorship sales exec, and another from the brand-agency perspective.
- Part One – This discussion with a brand sales executive from Roku focuses on recent trends with advertisers on streamed sporting events, and the platform’s unique capabilities for targeting specific audience segments for advertisers.
- Part Two – This discussion between executives from Nielsen Sports and Sports Innovation Lab will focus on prevailing conditions and key trends driving the changing value of sports sponsorship.
2:00 pm EST (Super Series of 15-minute keynote interviews)
THE SUPER SERIES OF SPORTS PERSPECTIVES
This is a series of one-on-one keynote fireside chats; each with a
specific focus on one area of the business of live sports tv.
• The Local Station Story explores the valuable role of RSNs to local teams, and sponsors.
• A New Formula for Sports TV. Variety Intelligence Platform’s Gavin Bridge and Heidi Chung will discuss the recent trends in sports viewership and the impact of the new NFL rights deal. They will also touch upon the increasing use of sports to pad-out general entertainment subscription services, and how leagues and sports networks are using FAST services to reach viewers.
• Live Sports Betting Goes Mainstream. This fireside chat between a sports betting promoter and an elected official focuses on the impact of new legislation permitting sports betting in an increasing number of states as more and more municipalities recognize the benefits and value of legalized mobile betting of live sports events
2:45 pm EST (One 30-minute panel)
PREVAILING POWER OF PAY PER VIEW
Pay per view has long served as a consistently reliable revenue stream for many live sports telecasts including boxing, mixed martial arts, pro wrestling and more. Hear from this panel of leaders in the business of live pay-per-view events about continuing changes in the industry, and recent promotional trends for engaging loyal viewers.